Stone-coated Steel Shingles for Residential Roofing
from Green Bay to Appleton to Manitowoc to Oshkosh
With lifespans at a minimum of 100 years, steel roofing is a huge part of a “worry free roof.” This residential roofing technology is built to last and look good while doing so.
Although steel roofing has been popular for a long time (long before asphalt), new color and texture options have made steel roofing an increasingly-popular choice for any type of home. People know quality and a great look when they see it. These days, steel roofs make up about 50% of the home roofing business we do.
Stone-Coated Steel Shingles come in a variety of colors and textures to mimic the look of other popular types of roofing.
Guaranteed at winds up to 120mph, steel roofing has the highest uplift warranty in its class. You’ll find these smart shingles add more than just reliability and a great look to your home, they actually increase its value!
When you install steel shingles, you want a great name behind your choice. Decra and Metro shingles are just that. They’ve been in the steel shingle business since the 1950s and we’ve been installing Decra and Metro steel shingles in Appleton, Green Bay, Oshkosh and surrounding areas since 1989 – longer than any other roofing contractor in Northeast Wisconsin.
We guarantee our materials and workmanship.
For a free estimate on this durable and attractive residential roofing option, contact us today.
Is your roof adding value to your home?
When you make the choice for what kind of roofing you want on your house, what are the factors you think about? Many people consider the following:
These three elements are all great to consider, but what if we told you that your roof could actually add extra value to your home?
It’s true, and whether or not you’re looking to sell today, choosing a roof that adds value to your home should be a factor in your decision – especially when that roof will be on your home longer than you will be inside.
Our Stone-Coated steel shingles do just that. Not only do they add 3 – 6% of your home’s value, but they will last over 100 years! While a typical asphalt roof needs to be replaced every ten to fifteen years, a metal roof just keeps increasing in value.
It’s one of the most stable investments you can make in your home, and in general!
What local customers are saying about steel roofing shingles from Security-Luebke Roofing
Download the Full Guide Now!
Get the Homeowner’s Guide to Roofing in your email.
Decra and Metro Shingles
Our stone coated shingles are either Decra or Metro. Decra is the ORIGINAL and most reliable stone-coated steel shingle manufacturer since 1957. Metro is the leading manufacturer of stone-coated steel products and has proven quality stability.
Ron K., of Appleton, WI - 5 stars
“Very impressed from start to finish, from our initial meeting with our salesman to the crew who installed our new roof. We could almost set our watches to when the crew would show up in the morning to their quitting time for the day. We love the look of our new roof and have had a number of people express how much they also like the look.”
HIRING THE RIGHT CONTRACTOR ISN’T EASY
We know how difficult it can be to hire the right contractor. We’ve put together a guide and checklist that helps you make the right choice the first time.
Why does SLR install DECRA/METRO stone coated steel roofing panels?
The 7-layer design of our panels is superior to other stone coated products:
- Sealed with a flexible acrylic overglaze
- Ceramic coated stone granules, 3M
- UV resistant, tinted acrylic-resin binder
- Uniform substrate for basecoat
- Protects cut edges and drilled holes
- Thick, 26 gauge steel, pressed to form
- Protects cut edges and drilled holes
Why is a steel roof such a wise choice?
- Steel roofs last 100+ years – It’s the last roof you will ever have to buy!
- 120 mph wind-uplift warranty – Highest in class
- Class 4 (UL 2218) impact rating – Highest in class
- Class A fire rating
- Typically it’s priced only 30-40% more than installing a mid-grade asphalt shingle
- Asphalt shingles lose value rapidly and eventually require replacement
- A stone coated steel roof instantly adds to your home’s value
Steel Shingle Warranty
- Lifetime material warranty against defects
- 100% of material coverage (non-prorated) for first 20 years
- 100% of workmanship for the first 10 years
- Fully transferable
Steel Panel Installation and Workmanship
With metal roofing, experience REALLY matters, and Security Luebke Roofing has the most!
- 20 years experience installing metal roofs (long before any other roofing contractor in N.E.W.)
- Average labor tenure of 11+ yrs
- Weekly safety training
- Properly insured
- Supervisor on every jobsite
Working with interlocking steel panels takes expertise and a lot of practice. We’re done practicing. Be cautious of contractors who are still “practicing” their installations. Repairs to improperly installed steel roofs are very complicated (and pricey).
Cedar replacement with Decra Shake XD
This home in Brillion, Wisconsin had old cedar heavy shakes on it and we replaced it with Decra’s Shake XD, designed to replicate the look of cedar heavies. This cost less than ACTUAL CEDAR and will last a hundred years longer.
Imagine buying a stone coated steel roof and living in your home for the next:
- 0-10 years: The value of the home was increased, typically by more than the difference you spent to get DECRA installed, and the still BRAND NEW LOOKING roof makes it much more appealing to homebuyers who are much more “roof-conscience” in today’s market.
- 10-20 years: Again, the value of the home was increased, and your roof STILL LOOKS BRAND NEW, and if you have a 10-20 yr old asphalt shingle on the house, it will certainly look older and there is a great chance it is adversely affecting the property value… and may be in need of replacement AGAIN.
- 20+ years: CONGRATULATIONS! All your neighbors who bought an asphalt roof when you bought your stone coated steel roof are now paying for ANOTHER roof…and yours STILL LOOKS BRAND NEW! Boy, don’t you look smart now!